Have You Tried SolidWorks’ Free CAM Solution Yet?
HSMWorks is a popular CAM solution for SolidWorks. As a Certified Gold Partner Product, it offers single-window, fully associative integration to help increase efficiency and maximize productivity. And now there’s a free version available for licensed users of SolidWorks 2010 or newer called HSMXpress.
This easy-to-use, full-featured CAM solution lets you create 2D and 2-1/2 D machining toolpaths using the latest in 64-bit and multi-core technology. (A 32-bit version is also available.)
Enjoy a Seamless Workflow Experience—from Design to Manufacturing
With HSMXpress, you can define machining geometry and parameters by selecting entities directly from the SolidWorks model. By maintaining full associativity between your model and machining operations, any changes to the model are automatically reflected in the toolpath. Late design changes no longer mean missing delivery deadlines or introducing last-minute programming errors.
From a performance perspective, having an integrated CAM solution eliminates data translation errors and reduces the number of files you have to manage. While staying inside the SolidWorks design environment, HSMXpress lets you take full advantage of the Command Manager, Feature Manager, and Property Manager interfaces to increase your productivity, minimize your learning curve, and enjoy a more consistent and positive user experience.
With HSMXpress you can expect these features and benefits:
- The native 64-bit, multi-core HSMWorks CAM Kernel, capable of generating and regenerating dozens of 2D toolpaths in seconds
- Support for all popular 2D and 2-1/2 D milling strategies, including:
o Slot Milling
o Thread Milling
o Trace Milling
o Flow Milling
- An industry-leading CNC program editor, with file compare, math ops, backplotter, and communications capabilities
- Support for form tools, including the ability to automatically import SolidWorks Part Files as Form Tools
- HSMWorks Adaptive Clearing, which enables high-speed 2D roughing and drastically shortens roughing times, reduces wear on tooling and extends machine tool life through efficient tool movement and constant tool loads
- The ability to store all your CAM data in your Part (.SLDPRT) or Assembly (.SLDASM) files
Download HSMXpress now and be sure to let us know what you think of it. If you’ve been using HSMXpress, or if you use HSMWorks for 3D toolpaths, please take a minute to tell the CAD/CAM Performance community about your experiences.